Friday, March 5, 2010

Excitement....

I am in eager anticipation of our vacation. A trip to North Carolina for gaming and visiting friends, and then a couple days in DC on our drive home.

Now, I have been to DC and I love it. Hell, I almost moved there. But Mr. Nacho has never been. I keep thinking back to my first visit. It was so awe inspiring. The monuments were breathtaking, and spending 30 minutes in quiet contemplation at Arlington Cemetery was time well spent. I'll have to find some old pictures, but just thinking about it makes me excited for the less than a day and a half that we will be there, with the promise of a longer span of time to come. (We are planning to go and game and visit friends there in October with a few days more to sight see)

Mr. Nacho wants to see the Lincoln Memorial and the Smithsonian. We are going to do 2 of the Smithsonian museums (we hope... it is a try it and see). I told him that the two we have to do this time are Air and Space and American History. I am looking forward to seeing these museums again too, mainly because the cool stuff that they contain.

So our game plan is we leave on a Thursday night after work and drive until we canst drive no more, stay in a hotel, get up and drive to NC. (We should reach sometime Friday afternoon!) Check in to our hotel, grab grub and meet up with friends! Party Friday night, gaming and party Saturday, gaming and goodbye dinner Sunday. We will linger for Monday breakfast and then get on the road to DC. Reach DC in the afternoon, go to wherever we are staying, freshen up, and then get out and see more friends and explore DC. More DC Sightseeing on Tuesday and leaving on Wednesday, getting home in about 8 hours give or take.

Now I just have to get my game together. I am running Dragon Age the RPG, which seems like a boat ton of fun! I still have to come up with a game idea, but I am playing the computer game now for inspiration and it is starting to come to me.

I am so very excited. We have been looking forward to this trip since we left last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment