Tuesday, March 9, 2010

British Invasion?

Saturday, the Mr. and I had a date night to see Muse at the Boston Garden. We grabbed some food and drink at a local bar and made our way over to the show.

I mentioned before that Muse was one of the BEST concerts I have ever seen.

Wow. This time blew the first concert out of the water.

The openers, the Silversun Pickups were good. It actually made me want to hear the latest album. Their radio single sounds like the worst thing on the album. They are a good band and remind me of Smashing Pumpkins.

Then after about 15 minutes of waiting..... BOOM!!!! The show began and we were up and dancing, taking a break to sit for the slower songs (which were few and far between) and they rocked the garden for a solid two hours.... Playing EVERYTHING from their new album and all their hits. Their 4 song finale ended with my personal favorite song, Knights of Cydonia.

Also the lead singer rocked robin's egg blue pants... You have to be secure in your masculinity to rock pants that color.

Somehow they were better than the first time. It was incredible and the energy they brought was only matched by the thousands of people in the crowd.

We paid $53 a ticket and I never I think we should have paid more. This time is different. I feel we cheated them money wise. We will go out of our way to see them every time they are in town.


Amazing. I wish they were playing Boston again... Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment