Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunday.... Time for Farewells and the Official End of gameday...


Sunday, we woke up exhausted but happy. We quickly got ready and headed off to NCSU for the last day of gaming. We stopped at Dunkin's for the worst coffee and bagels we have ever had.

Our first game was Danger Patrol with our friend 'Wabbit (Name is changed to protect the innocent... or semi innocent, depends on who you talk to. ;D ) and I fell in love with the system. To me it was a perfect game to play if you are a GM, because you help write the plot hooks as players. Danger Patrol is modeled after an old 50's Sci-Fi Saturday morning show, like Flash Gordon. You even shill for companies in the middle of the game. (Exact Quote: "The one thing I miss about being alive is the taste of Maxwell house Coffee"- Jenny Jones, Ghost Detective) We also got to do our own commercials. Mine was teaching kids about stranger danger with the second part of our "power hour" Batman and Robin.... It was awesome, and our GM, 'Wabbit, was awesome. Here Mr. explains his next move!




Mr. played Zachary "Frak" Balsac, Two Fisted Pounder, Man of Manly Action. I played the Ghost Detective Jenny Jones. I loved the system so much, I am running it at the summer conventions.

Then it was time to do my thing. I ran my Dragon Age game. It was awesome, and I enjoyed having the players I had at my table. (Honestly it is a shame they don't live closer. I am running it a few more times, and I notice I still have a pretty good knack at writing decent dialogue. The players responded to it really well, and a couple of people (including Mr.) told me it was really well done.
Post game, it was time to celebrate a game day well done and well received. We went to Jack Astors and sat down to a filling meal with the greatest drink EVER... the Twister. (Strawberry Daiquiri and Lemonade Daiquiri with a shot of raspberry vodka. Soooo Good!) I loved it and could probably have drunk more, but I didn't.




Then we headed back to our Host's house, where we just sat around and chatted until we couldn't chat anymore. We arrived back at the hotel... where we still had packing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment