Friday, May 28, 2010

Gaming: Exciting gaming news for me!

In an effort to get Mr. and I to back up a dump truck full of money to their headquarters, Green Ronin has announced the newest licence to their collection. DC Adventures!

The pairing is perfect. M&M (Short for Mutants and Masterminds) is a great supers game (my favorite), and you can start out at the beginning powerful and not pathetic. I have been hoping for them to get the rights to the DC characters. I yearn for about 50 different DC centric games. (And I am fairly certain that Mr. is looking forward to playing Plastic Man. And I am excited to see if they put out the stats for Ra's Al Ghoul and the League of Assassins.)

I am also thinking that Mr. and I can play some 1 on 1 adventures on a night when we are at home with nothing to do. Pretty much be Batman v. Joker and go all Iron Age!

Then they went on to announce a new edition of M&M, which will hopefully make character creation a little easier, so that more people give the game a try and not dismiss it. It is still keeping the simple d20 mechanism, so that excites me.

The DC Adventures line is going to be 4 books, and we will pre order all of them.
We will also pre-order the new M&M edition (probably 2 copies, one for each of us). Not to mention everything for Song of Ice and Fire, Dragon Age, Wild Cards, and Steve Kenson's side project ICONS for Adamant(which rocks on toast after the first read).

I am sure I will place reviews here. And I am sure I will find lots to be excited for with these projects in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment