Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Hobbies Part 1: Scrapbooking...

Ok, so I love to scrapbook. One of the main reasons is that the story and the pictures are preserved for future generations.

Another reason is that should I get a disease like Alzheimer's (now that I know it runs in the family.), I am able to look through and read the stories and see the pictures. Watching my grandmother deteriorate due to this horrible disease, I wish I was able to do that for her before she started to get bad! It is too late for that now.

So, not only is it a fun hobby it also has its uses too!

There are so many fun things to get and so many great techniques to use, and one of my goals this year is to try many of them.

As I mentioned in the resolutions post, I am going to try and scrap the photos we have from:


Italy

The Wedding (and all wedding related events)

Our 2008 Disney trip

The many conventions that we have gone to

And I have so much more to do, I could do it full time and wouldn't finish for the year.

I found this hobby thanks to my creative and talented mother. She gave me some stuff to start when I was home sick after a bout of Colitis. I was hooked. The only problem with the hobby is that it is addicting and expensive.

Recently I got myself hooked on Scrapbook.com's awesome website and wish list. I picked up stuff for my scrapbooks and the Baby Book I am working on for my soon to be Nephew or Niece.

Another favorite shopping spot, Eyelet Outlet is filled with cute eyelets and brads for specialty pages.(I got cute little oven mitt ones for my baking pages.)

And one other plug that I have is for the company Stampin' Up. They sell adorable stamps, useful for cards and packages on top of scrapbooking pages. My mom became a demonstrator for them a couple of years ago. Their stamps are cute and have tons of personality. I used them for our welcome bag folders and the favors at our wedding, and I am using them for our thank you cards. I am also using their stamps to fulfil another awesome resolution I have to make more cards.

This a hobby that can help to tell a fun and fabulous story. The story of you, a loved one, or a special time. It is also relaxing and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment