Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You know what really grinds my gears....

So I am listening to Boston Radio on my way to work this morning and someone is giving their review of Twilight:Eclipse. They said and I quote "If you are a woman and you don't like Twilight, then there is something wrong with you. Either that or you are not willing to try it." There were a barrage of phone calls that followed of people who hated the books or thought the movies were laughable, but this radio personality kept telling them how wrong they were.

No offense to anyone who likes Twilight, but the second I say that I don't like it, I get the "You just haven't tried it right yet" snap my head off defense. And that folks is what really grinds my gears today. Truth is, I have tried reading the first book, and to tell you the truth they bored the crap out of me after 2 chapters. (Thank goodness the book was in the work lending library, I read while eating my lunch and put the book right back on the shelf.)

Unfortunately, there is no book series that will enthrall everyone. Some come close, but there will always be one group that doesn't like it.

So go out Twi-hards and enjoy your movie, but don't criticize my choice this weekend at being a kids movie.

We will be seeing "The Last Airbender", based on the great family show on Nickelodeon. And I am totally looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment