Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Moment of Sadness and Reflection...

This weekend my best friend from college lost her grandfather pretty suddenly. She was devistated and I told her I would come to the wake and funeral to be there for her.

It was the second time since 2006 I had been to a wake and funeral, and I thought I was going to be good to go.

We got to the wake on Monday and I discovered something that we could add to our list of similarities.... We both called our grandfathers "Grampy" and we both concidered our respective Grampys our best friend and our grandfather. I could see it in her. The bubbley, fun loving, sweet friend I knew had a broken heart, and it broke mine. I could see that she was going to be begining the long path of healing. One that I am still on. The funeral was so sad. My friend gave the eulogy. I couldn't stop crying for her.

I could tell when I left her after the funeral, she was just really down in the dumps. So I called her after work to make sure she was ok and didn't need me. This started a half an hour of her and I just chatting and going back and forth about things and I could tell it made a difference. But she will never know (unless she reads the blog) that it meant the world to me too. I know that she is there for me and I am there for her.

How lucky we are to have friends like her... I hope she can think the same about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment