Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Resolution Update: Half-year mark

So back in January, I listed my resolutions. It is hard to believe 6 months have gone by. It has been so fast. So I thought I would rediscover my resolutions!

1) Spend more time at home- we need to spend more time relaxing at home. Mr. wants to work on his art, and I want to spend more time working on my scrapbooking.

We have cut back. It feels great and is a welcome change to the craziness of the last couple of years. We get date nights with friends who we rarely got to see before, and all because we eliminated a couple of recurring things on our calendar.

It is nice to see the clear weekends to be able to go to the beach near our house or clean or cook. And can I tell you how nice it is not to be busy on a Friday night. It is so sweet.


2) Scrapbook my Italy photos, wedding photos, Disney photos, and GenCon photos. - Then if there is time work on other pages as well.

So I have been working so hard on learning my new craft that I am behind on all this... although I did complete my nephew's baby book. This one may be a couple year plan!

3) Start making my cards for Birthdays, get wells, and congratulations.

This is a hard one. I am hoping to be back on track, but I made it until the end of February!

4) Lose 30 lbs, and prepare my body for potential pregnancy. This would also keep me healthier than I have been recently.

I lost 15 but then put the weight back on because of a medical issue. Now it is time to lose it again.

5) Cook More and Utilize my cookbook collection.

Now this. This has been fully accomplished, and will continue to be done.

Add in the organic goods we get at the Farmer's market and it makes me a happy squeeing Mrs.!

I am becoming a good cook. And I bring the leftovers to work, so I get to enjoy everything a second time!

6) Become more organized!

This is happening! We are still trying to combat office organization, but we are doing extremely well with the Kitchen organization, and I can now use my phone to track our calendar, which is super handy when I try to schedule vacations, games, and other such fun.

Don't get me wrong. Our life is still nuts! And our family is adding members and some are fading away slowly. But to quote Mr. "I love my life, mostly because of who is in it. And it is only going to get better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment