Thursday, February 25, 2010

I was 27 going on 28.... but now I am here... what's next?

This week was the big 28... which means next year I will be 29 for the first time next year.

Not quite sure how I feel about that.

27 was a good year for me. Sure, I was stressed out because of the wedding, but I ended up learning a lot about who I am. I married my best friend. We took a dream trip to Italy. We spent time with friends and family. We found out we were going to be an aunty and uncle again and we welcomed a new cousin to the mix. We reconnected family and enjoyed our first married holiday season!

Now on to 28. I am sure that 28 will be great too. We are happily married, enjoying friends company more, having a lot more down time and learning a lot. Mr is turning the big 40 and I am in the process of getting things ready for it!

It will also be a time for getting used to the rapid deterioration of my remaining grandparents. This birthday showcased what was going on so perfectly that even those around me who know them were thinking about how sad it is. Alzheimers is a really horrible disease and it is taking memories, and mental health away from my grandmother, to the point where at times, she is a different person. It is a lot to get used to especially since I spent my college years living on their third floor. (Which now I wouldn't trade for the world.) It is a topic confided to only a few people and now the blog, as I think it is going to be an outlet for me to get out how I am feeling about what is going on with my grandmother and my grandfather, who is also noticably changed due to my grandmother's state. I am feeling more and more grown up every day, and thanks to the support of my husband, family and friends, I know our family is going to get through this, we now just have to get through it. How do I know this is the year for it? Well, for the first time.... every one of them forgot it was my birthday. No big deal, but when you are used to seeing the first three phone calls be Parents, Grandparents 1 and grandparents 2 for the last 10 years... it takes a little getting used to.

It is a year of new and newly rediscovered hobbies! I am coming along on my knitting,mostly due to our friend Orchid and her husband AO picking me out an awesome knitting book for my birthday. I am currently working on a scarf that looks great so far! After that I may pick up my crochet hook for a bit and try to make a blanket. Then it will be back to scarves for Christmas gifts.

Mr. is going to pick up painting again. I am very excited about this, especially after the art room/ office is finished. Then we can work together. This. This right here is made of win!

Also we have picked up our nightly ritual of comic book/regular book reading before bed. It has been good to get through a bunch of comics in the reading cue. And I am now caught up on the Caped Crusader trade paperbacks! All I need to do now is catch up on the past year in comics and I will be ready to rock!

So all in all, a good forcast for 28!

If only the rain would go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment