Friday, May 31, 2013

#Boston Strong



             Sometimes, a cause is so great that I shell out a decent amount of money and go have fun for charity. Last night was one of those nights. Last night, I left Mr. at home with the Monkey and headed to TD Garden here in our beloved Boston for the Marathon Show. (Mainly because I couldn't get two tickets. The concert sold out in 5 minutes.) I left work early to get there with minimal traffic interruptions, got a sweet parking space (yay pre-order parking!) and headed to a local bar, The Harp, for dinner and drinks. Y'all, their Mac n' Cheese was quite possibly designed to be orgasmic.

              As the show got close, I headed over to the Garden with all the other excited concert goers. The paperless ticket system was so amazing. They should do it for every concert. I got through, was handed a program and headed to my seat. My seats were great. I quickly made friends with those around me including the usher. The local band pre show entertainment was so much fun! I found out talking to the usher that no one was getting paid. This show was completely volunteer. That floored me. No one was in it for the money. 100% goes to The One Fund, Boston. Sadly, it was not televised for the world to see.

            Finally, the show started and it was a five hour emotional roller coaster that was the best concert experience I had ever had. The two disappointments were the J Giles Band (minus J Giles) and Aerosmith. The show on the whole was so solid. James Taylor and Carol King were amazing. And the whole place sang along with them to "On the Roof" and "You've Got a Friend". NKOTB was amazing as always and the whole place shook when they introduced Bel Biv Devo and Boyz II Men. Dropkick Murphys singing "Shipping up to Boston" shook the whole arena, because everyone was up dancing and singing with the band. Extreme reunited for one night only and Boston rocked the house with "More than a Feeling"There were tears, laughter, and lots of love there. I just wish everyone could have felt it.

              The concert ran 5 1/2 hours and no one cared. No one thought about work or what had to be done tomorrow. It was all about the night, helping the survivors and healing our city. The finale where Aerosmith called everyone out and the entire building sang "Come Together" and "Dirty Water" pretty much summed up the feelings.

We will come together.
We love that Dirty Water.
Boston is our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment