Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Labor Part One: Bedrest....

So on Mother's Day I got home from our running around, and happily went to go take a bath. I was in the Tub reading when the first real pangs hit. It hurt y'all. Then 16 minutes later another one. I started to time them but they got no closer together.

I called the doctor the next morning and she had us come in for a visit. They checked me and I wasn't softened and all that stuff, but my blood pressure was high so they sent me for monitoring. All looked good...

So the next day I went to work.

That's right... I went to work and worked - all the time in pain. A week later though, I couldn't take it and my doctor put me on bedrest. Driving with heavy contractions every 16 Minutes was not the best thing to do in hindsight.

Bedrest sounds nice doesn't it? It is not all fun. Think of having to stay in bed all day and having to entertain yourself. Now think of doing that for 3 weeks. I was going crazy by the end of it. I had read a ton and watched enough cheesy tv on our crappy bedroom tv than I would care to think about. I felt isolated from the world. It completely sucked.

The worst was the Sunday of our niece's first dance recital. Mr. went and I stayed home and watched ESPN all day feeling miserable. When Mr. came home, he had funny stories of her dancing which made me even more upset I missed it!

Monkey's lungs weren't completely developed so we didn't induce when we thought we would. Every week we were on pins and needles... Could this week be it? Every monitoring trip was filled with "Ok so if you have to stay... what do I need to grab?"

Finally, my doctor set the date, June 9th we would start the induction.

Eviction Notice had been given and we were waiting for D-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment