Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Starting to Feel Overwhelmed... Why Doesn't Anyone Just Feel Whelmed?

So reaching my third trimester and knowing the little guy is making his grand entrance in 12 weeks or less is starting to freak me out a little. We still have so much to do, but with the weekends filling up and the downtime sparse, we are really going to have to work hard to get things ready. So I figured a little To Do List would be helpful, and I figured I would keep it here.

1. Prepare the Nursery - The Nursery used to be the stuff room, so there is an odd collection of things, not to mention all of my craft stuff and Mr.'s business stuff, that need to be packaged up and stored down in our basement. That is proving to be a project of epic proportions, but it is coming along. Our crib and dresser/changing table are en route to our house in the coming weeks and as soon as everything is out, we will start setting up and putting up artwork. We will be calling for able bodied peoples to help with the moving stuff around. (Murforelli, we are totally taking you up on your offer!) We pay in beer and pizza.

2. Paperwork! - It seems like all of a sudden I have a bunch to fill out. I need to fill out insurance stuff, maternity leave stuff and more recently we received the paperwork to fill out for the hospital. Not to mention I am trying to get together a list of numbers of people who should be notified of Monkey's arrival and other important things.

3. Washing clothes & toys and sterilizing the baby bottle/breast pump stuffs - This one is self explanatory. We already have a lot to wash and put away, and I am anticipating that we will have more as the months wear on. (Which is awesome!) Also toys need to be washed, pacifiers need to be washed and all my feeding stuff needs to be sterilized. That is fast approaching as we may be welcoming the monkey sooner rather than later (if he gets too big, is in too much distress, etc.)

4. Pre-Preparing Meals- I was really hoping that I would have that started by now, with freezing sauce, but I will begin within the next few weeks. Hopefully we aren't sick of pasta by summers end.

Sure it is only a four point list. But each point is filled with time sucking stuff. It seems like everything is never going to get there, but I know it will and hopefully soon we will be close and I can breathe easier.

1 comment:

  1. Murforelli is still up for the reorg -- just let us know when!

    ReplyDelete