Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Blackest Night...

I am a Batman fan... err... well more of a Robin fan than Bats himself. We have been reading the current storyline like two twelve year olds spending their allowance on comics.

And while we are enjoying that, we are also enjoying another DC hero that has been wonderfully written by Geoff Johns.... Green Lantern.



Someday I will go into detail on what I think of the new Batman arc and Red Robin and Damien Wayne as the new Robin.... but let's just focus on the awesome of the Green Lantern, shall we?

The latest story arcs for all of the DC universe are Blackest Night and Brightest Day. This is an ode to the Green Lantern battle cry. The world is facing yet another crisis. Batman is dead. Final Crisis has left the world broken... and now Black Green Lantern rings have been forged and sent to the dead to bring them back to life. (And the Batman inclusion issues were some of my favorite issues ever. Grayson and Drake facing their dead parents was a great idea, but the way it happened blew my mind.) This is Blackest Night. They even brought back dead titles for one last go round (1 issue). I am reading the compilation now.

Brightest Day is still ongoing, so I will not go into this in full detail. White rings land on specific heroes fingers, why? And who can pick up the white lantern that recharges their power? I am totally digging it.
Another reason to get excited is next December, the world will be treated to Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern movie.

I can not wait to see Hal Jordan on screen reciting the oath I know by heart:

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

No comments:

Post a Comment