Friday, February 24, 2012

My Sleep Apnea Journey...

In December I was in the hospital with Pneumonia, and it was there that the nurses thought I was sleeping oddly. My follow up with the pulminologist touched upon my sleeping problems that I have had since I was pregnant. (Getting 8 hours and feeling like I got no sleep at all, feeling sucked of all energy, stuff like that.)He suggested I get a sleep study done, because all my issues seem to lean toward sleep apnea.

So I set up the appointment, and I started to notice more about how I slept, as well as how I was feeling. When I met with the doctor, he said he was 99.99% I had sleep apnea, but we needed to do the sleep study. Two weeks later, I did the sleep study and now I wait for my follow up appointment next week.

I just have to say - I am sick of having no energy. I am sick of not feeling like I am getting any sleep. It is very frustrating when I am too tired to play with my son. Today I feel like I am dragging and I felt completely zapped of energy after the zoo. Last night Mr. followed me to the bedroom because "I looked drunk".

The treatment:

1) I could have that lap band surgery and that will help me lose weight and that may fix things. -- First off, I am not super overweight. Second, that is MAJOR surgery. Not something I really want to do. Also if I have another child, I would have to have surgery to have the band adjusted/taken off.

2) C-Pap machine~ This is the reasonable one of the two. I would have to sleep with a machine helping me to keep my airways open. This would give me a better nights sleep, and that would give me more energy to exercise, and that would give me some weight loss. Sure it would take longer, but this way definitely works.

I will chronicle my journey here... besides the pictures of the cute baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment