Friday, February 24, 2012

The Big 30 - The day the frozen earth melted!

My Birthday was yesterday and for the first time in my life it was warm. As a kid, I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated a winter birthday. In fact now, Mr. and I are going to aim all of our kids for that Spring/Summer Birthday. No kid deserves a blizzard ruining their birthday.

So weeks ago I earned a comp day at work, and decided to take the day off. I figured that I would take Monkey to the Children's Museum and we would go to lunch or something.

Then I saw the weather report... 60 degrees? I instantly thought that we should do something fun and outdoorsy.

Then it hit me. This winter birthday gal wants to go to the zoo!

And zoo we did my fair readers. There is a little zoo in Attleboro Massachusetts called Capron Park Zoo, and it is perfect to go through if you have a 8.5 month old. It took about an hour to travel through (not rushing) and had a petting zoo with llamas and goats!




Monkey gets up close and personal with the goat.

They also had a big run through sprinkler area for the summer and a bunch of swing sets. They also had a little area with those rides that you would see outside of Roche Brothers or Stop and Shop. The ones that cost $.50. Monkey loved the jeep with the giant ape sitting in the passengers seat.



So needless to say, the trip was successful, and a great and memorable birthday was had.

I even made a white cake with homemade strawberry frosting... I just need to work on that frosting technique....cause it came out all soupy! But Mr., Monkey and myself sat around it and sang happy birthday. Mikey was fascinated by the candles and the hats and the blowers! And as usual, My boys spoiled me rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment