Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Countdown to vacation!

Twas the day before Christmas Eve and all through the office
Excitement was stirring , even with the big bosses
The gifts were all stacked in the conference room with care
In hopes that 12:30 soon would be here...

I love Christmas! It is one of my favorite times of year, and today is the last day I am at work until after Christmas!

I am looking forward to spending time with family, baking, eating, and relaxing (I wish Christmas was on a Friday every year!).

Our schedule is as follows:

Tonight: Bake a boatload, finish my wrapping and finishing my parent's homemade gift. Hubby is out with his HS buddies and then home to help.

Tomorrow: Wake up late-ish, hit the foodstore for some cheese for a crackers and cheese platter, pack up our sleigh and head to Newton to visit my grandparents, picking up my cousin at the bus station along the way. Then go home and relax with some eggnog and Irish Creme and the Grinch!

Christmas Day: Wake up about 7 and do presents, while watching the 24 hours of Christmas Story on TBS. Then shower, dress and pack up for the trips ahead! First stop, my grandma in Holliston and my family (who meet us there). I am looking forward to a great visit with my parents, who we really need to see more. I was going to go visit my Grampy's grave, but with the snow, we probibly won't be able to get up the hill, so I think that could be out. Then it is off to East Bridgewater to my sister and brother in laws' house for Christmas with my in-laws. Where we get to give toys to our adorable niece and drop off toys for little baby peanut. (our soon to be niece or nephew!!! Coming June 26th, 2010!) We also get to see our Brother in Law's family who are awesome! Then as tradition, we go to my husband's Aunt and Uncles' house for their annual Christmas gathering. There we will distribute the gifts for the cousin's little ones. (One is one years old and one is due on New Years Day!)

After that we head home to colapse in front of our lit christmas tree to enjoy a quiet weekend at home! (Maybe seeing Sherlock Holmes, but not doing much more than that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment