Thursday, March 15, 2012

Memories...

A good friend of ours went into labor yesterday and all the memories of my own labor and birth come back to me. All the pain, panic and the delight and pure honest love a mother has for her new baby. I suppose it is the same for every mother.


Last night while Monkey slept, I crept into his room (as I often do) to watch my little man sleep. It seems like yesterday I was laying his small body on my chest and covering him (and I) in a blanket post surgery. Now he is 30 inches or so and sprawled across his bed in his sleepsack that he is growing out of faster than I can replace it. He is active and smiles when I walk in the room. Now he tries to blow me kisses. He never needed to smile to tell me he loved me, that love connection was made the first moments we saw each other.



That friend had her baby this morning, and what a cutie he is. I can't divulge names right now, but I know that her heart is bursting with one of the greatest loves a person can have. And that makes me happy.


I am so happy for these friends.... We got married a month apart and we live down the road from each other, so hopefully, our boys become friends. I know they are going to be amazing parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment