Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Things I would like to teach my Son

Now that the day is rapidly approaching that I get the chance to meet my little buddy, I am thinking about things I want him to learn from his Dad and I. Some thing I hope that he learns:

  • Take risks.... You never know how something will go until you try it.

  • If you love someone, let them know. They may not realize it unless you tell them

  • Celebrate every day, because it is a great gift.

  • Just because something seems impossible, doesn't mean it is.

  • Don't sweat the small stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

  • Live life to the fullest, and always try things you want to do at least once. (I have yet to try my hand at mechanical bull riding.)

  • Don't be afraid to be who you are.

  • Jar Jar Binks does not exist. Han shot first.

  • Always take the time to laugh. Be silly, sing loudly, dance wildly, as though no one notices.

  • When you find someone and you marry them, slow dancing in the kitchen for no reason is perfectly acceptable. There doesn't even need to be music.
I know he is a great kid, and he will be an amazing man. All it takes is one look at Mr. and I can tell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment